Colonel Adam Sitler is assigned as the Wing Commander for the 142d Fighter Wing, Oregon Air National Guard, Portland, Oregon. He is the Commander of over 1,400 personnel tasked to provide operational combat power, and emergency response forces, to the United States, and the State of Oregon.
Colonel Sitler was commissioned in May 1996 after graduating from the United States Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs, Colorado. Upon completion of Undergraduate Pilot Training and F-15 Training, he was assigned to the 493d Fighter Squadron at RAF Lakenheath, UK. He served as a Combat Mission Ready Wingman, Flight-Lead, Mission Commander, and Instructor Pilot, including combat missions flown in Operation Allied Force and Operation Southern Watch. In 2001 he was assigned to the 71st Fighter Squadron at Langley AFB, Va. He served as a Combat Mission Ready Instructor Pilot and Weapons Officer after completing the United States Air Force Weapons School in 2003. In 2004 he was assigned to the 85th Test and Evaluation Squadron, Eglin Air Force Base, Florida where he served as the Chief of F-15 Projects.
Colonel Sitler separated from the Active Component of the Air Force in January of 2007 and joined the 142d Fighter Wing, Oregon Air National Guard. He has served as Squadron and Wing Weapons Officer, Flight Commander, Squadron Operations Officer, Wing Consolidated Unit Inspection Project Officer, Fighter Squadron Commander, and Operations Group Commander.
1996 Bachelor of Science Degree, Engineering Science, USAF Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
2001 Squadron Officers School in-residence, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2010 Air Command and Staff College distance learning program, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2013 Air War College distance learning program, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2015 Advanced Joint Professional Military Education, Joint Forces Staff College, Norfolk, Va.
1. September 1996 – October 1997, student, Undergraduate Pilot Training, 80th Flying Training Wing, Sheppard AFB, Texas.
2. October 1997 – February 1998, student Introduction to Fighter Fundamentals, 49th Flying Training Squadron, Columbus AFB, Miss.
3. March 1998 – October 1998, student F-15 Training, 2d Fighter Squadron, Tyndall AFB, Florida
4. October 1998 – May 2001, F-15 Pilot, Squadron Scheduler, and Assistant Weapons Officer, 493d Fighter Squadron, RAF Lakenheath, United Kingdom
5. July 2001 – December 2004, F-15 Pilot, Squadron Chief of Standardization and Evaluation, Flight Commander, Weapons Officer, 71st Fighter Squadron, Langley AFB, Va.
6. December 2004 – January 2007, F-15 Pilot, Chief of F-15 Projects, 85th Test and Evaluation Squadron,
Eglin AFB, Florida
7. January 2007 – July 2012, F-15 Pilot, Squadron Weapons Officer, Wing Weapons Officer, Flight Commander, and Operations Officer, 123d Fighter Squadron, Oregon ANG, Portland, Ore.
8. July 2012 to September 2013, 142d Fighter Wing Consolidated Unit Inspection Project Officer, Oregon ANG, Portland, Ore.
9. September 2013 to February 2015, Fighter Squadron Commander, 123d Fighter Squadron, Oregon ANG, Portland, Ore.
10. February 2015 to October 2016, Commander, 142d Operations Group, Oregon ANG, Portland, Ore.
11. October 2016 to August 2018, Vice Commander, 142d Fighter Wing, Oregon ANG, Portland, Ore.
12. August 2018 to Present, Commander, 142nd Fighter Wing, Oregon ANG, Portland, Ore.
Rating: Command Pilot
Flight Hours: More than 3,300 including more than 290 combat hours Aircraft flown: T-37, T-38, F-15A-D
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with four devices Air Medal with four devices
Aerial Achievement Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal
AF Outstanding Unit Award with five devices Combat Readiness Medal with four devices National Defense Service Medal with one device Kosovo Campaign Medal with one device Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
STATE AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Oregon National Guard Superior Unit Citation
1997 Distinguished Graduate, Undergraduate Pilot Training 1998 Distinguished Graduate, F-15 Pilot Training
2003 Flying Award, US Air Force Weapons Instructor Course
2012 Meritorious Service Certificate, National Guard Association of the United States
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant 29 May 1996
First Lieutenant 29 May 1998
Captain 29 May 2000
Major 1 April 2006
Lieutenant Colonel 7 January 2011
Colonel 1 February 2015
(Current as of October 2016)